Nurses and other medical professionals wear scrubs for various reasons, not only because they are bright, comfy, and stylish. They are a visible representation of your division. They’re sturdy but straightforward to disinfect. They have changed considerably during nursing’s development and will continue as new materials and designs become available. Here, you can learn about the different uses of nursing scrubs in Australia.
It was in the 1970s when scrubs replaced white hats and dresses as the standard uniform for nurses and other medical professionals. Scrubs were originally a word for the clothing worn by surgeons during the pre-operative process of “scrubbing in” to the operating room to disinfect the surgeon’s skin. What is it about medical uniforms that makes them so fantastic? Read on to learn about some of the many advantages.
1. Establish a Clean Setting
Nurses work round-the-clock to care for patients, some of whom may be very sick, immunocompromised, or otherwise medically vulnerable. Depending on the brand and style, some nursing scrubs in Australia even include anti-microbial characteristics in the cloth.
2. Helps people outside of the hospital determine who the doctors are
These days, hospitals in Australia are among the busiest of all workplaces. Wearing a distinctive uniform helps nurses stand out from other medical team members or patients’ loved ones. A colour-coded system is used in several hospitals in Australia. For example, nurses assigned to a particular floor may be required to wear a specific colour top to distinguish themselves from other staff members easily.
3. Unique Characteristics of Scrubs
Nursing uniforms are designed with unique, practical details that aren’t seen in regular clothes.
- It has various compartments so nurses can store anything from pencils and scissors to medical tape and hand sanitiser.
- Scrub tops and trouser waistbands often have a little bungee loop for attaching an ID badge.
- Some nursing uniforms may be constructed from an antimicrobial fabric, which helps lessen the likelihood of disease transmission. Nurses in Australia may take comfort in these designs despite the lack of consensus among researchers on the topic.
- It is essential to select a pair of nursing scrubs that can absorb sweat without soaking through. Fabrics with these characteristics can help you feel more at ease and less perspiring when providing medical treatment to patients.
The widespread availability of nursing scrubs from various online merchants means that you can quickly discover a pair in Australia that meets your needs in terms of price and comfort. If you’ve never purchased scrubs before, it’s probably best to do it in person than ordering them online. This might give you a sense of the overall fit and the individual elements you want, such as the pants’ length and the legs’ width.
Before you buy, make sure it fits well
Having scrub tops and bottoms that are too loose might be distracting on the job, while scrubs that are too tight can limit your range of motion. Flexible or elastic nursing scrubs may be the best option since they allow for a wide range of motion without limiting you. Cover up appropriately by ensuring the hem of your scrub top ends at or below the hip. Make sure the front isn’t cut too low, too. Having a drawstring at the waist is a convenient feature of certain scrub bottoms for those who experience frequent weight changes. Flare-legged trousers are fashionable and may help to rebalance your hips, but they can also be dangerous if they are excessively long and drag on the floor.